Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another car accident

ok fellow couriers... here is one of my biggest pet peeves. I am tired of people complaining about fast drivers. I drive fast, I have always driven fast and I probably always will. Yet, I have NEVER been the cause of an accident. You know why? I pay attention to what I am doing! It has been my job for 17 years and I'm good at it.

Last week, I am sitting at a stoplight and BAM! Rear-ended by a lady not paying attention. Add to the two times I was rear-ended last year and my neck & back are not doing too well. Thankfully, this time was not as bad as last year when the rear-end collisions resulted in both vehicles being totaled (not to mention my 5 bulging disks and one herniated disk).

You see, the problem is NOT speeders. The problem is people that don't pay attention. I can drive, eat a hamburger, fill out a delivery ticket, talk to dispatch on my Nextel and still pay attention to the road because it is my job. But, the lady gossiping to her friend on the phone and watching her baby through the rearview mirror has no clue what is going on around her.

Maybe it is good that gas prices are going up so much. Maybe some of these people will stay off the road. It's hard enough on the road for couriers, messengers, delivery drivers.

Too bad the police can't write tickets for being an airhead. Speaking of police, give us couriers a break. We're just doing our job. You don't seem to mind when FedEx and UPS park in the middle of the street and block traffic... try to give couriers the same leeway.

3 comments:

kb said...

to right give us a break

Anonymous said...

So you eat a hamburger, fill out a delivery ticket, talk on your cell phone and speed down the road like an idiot and never have an accident. Everyone else is stupid but you, right? If you were working for me, you would be terminated. You sound just like all the other morons who drive the highways in Dallas metro.

Anonymous said...

So you eat a hamburger, fill out a delivery ticket, talk on your cell phone and speed down the road like an idiot and never have an accident. Everyone else is stupid but you, right? If you were working for me, you would be terminated. You sound just like all the other morons who drive the highways in Dallas metro.